Air Fryer Cheesy Tater Tots are shredded potatoes mixed with cheese, formed into tots, and cooked in an air fryer for a crispy, cheesy appetizer.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, washed
- 1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold salted water. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes. (A fork should pierce the potatoes, but they will still be firm). Drain and let cool for about 15 minutes (or until cool to the touch).
- When ready, grate the potatoes and place them into a large bowl.
- Add cheese, flour, salt, and pepper to the bowl of grated potatoes and mix well.
- Set out a large sheet of parchment paper. Scoop out 1 tablespoon and form it into a tater tot (cylindrical shape), and place it on the parchment. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F and spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the tater tots in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to work in batches.
- Spray again with oil and cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip the tater tots and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and serve immediately.