Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is a layer of hot biscuits that are topped and baked with eggs, breakfast sausage, gravy, cheddar cheese, and another layer of biscuits.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 large eggs, whisked
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 refrigerator biscuits
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, heat 1 tablespoon butter until just melted, swirling to coat the pan’s surface. Add the whisked eggs and leave undisturbed for a few seconds to let the bottom of the eggs cook. Drag a spatula down the middle of the eggs to expose the bottom of the skillet and allow uncooked egg to run into the exposed surface. Continue in this matter until most of the eggs are cooked.
- When the eggs no longer appear runny, remove from the heat. (The residual heat from the skillet will finish cooking the eggs.) Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, brown sausage. Use a slotted spoon to scoop out the sausage and add it to the eggs. Reserve the drippings from the sausage for the gravy.
- To the drippings in the saucepan, add 3 tablespoons butter.
- When melted, add flour and whisk to combine. Cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Slowly whisk in milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook and stir until thickened and hot, whisking often.
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …