These easy homemade Butter Pecan Cookies are crunchy, soft, chewy and buttery. They get even better the second day too, making them a great cookie to make ahead!
3/4 cup (123g) finely chopped pecans
2 tbsp salted butter, melted
3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (168g) packed light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups (260g) all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine the melted butter and pecans in a medium sized bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread the pecans evenly onto the cookie sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until toasted.
- Set pecans aside to cool.
- To make the cookie dough, cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the cooled pecans.
- Make balls of cookie dough about 2 tablespoons in size.
- Place the balls of cookie dough onto the lined cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes. Cookies will spread a bit and may look a little undercooked when you remove them, but they’ll continue to cook and firm as they cool.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooled, store cookies in an air tight container for 3-5 days. Cookies are even better the second day after making them.