These are my most popular cookies. I usually make at least 500 of these at Christmas. It’s a very simple recipe but full of great taste!
3/4 c butter, room temperature + 1 tablespoon
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
1 package of caramel chips, 6 oz.
1 c finely chopped nuts
3 c powdered sugar
3 or 4 tablespoons of milk or water
1 teaspoon of rum extract
1/2 c chopped nuts
- Buttercream with powdered sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- 2. Mix in the flour; mix well.
- 3. Add caramel chips and 1 cup finely chopped nuts.
- Mix well by hand.
- Shape dough, a few teaspoons at a time, into balls. Place them about 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6. Bake in oven at 325 F for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm but not brown. Let cool on wire shelves.
- 7. Make a rum glaze. Mix powdered sugar, rum extract, and milk together until smooth.
- You can dip the cookies in the frosting or use a spoon to pour it over the cookies.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and let the icing settle.