Creamy Rice Pudding is one of life’s simple pleasures! So rich, creamy and delicious, it is a dreamy dessert your family will love as much as mine!
- ▢1 ½ cups white rice cooked
- ▢2 cups milk divided
- ▢⅓ cup sugar
- ▢pinch salt
- ▢1 egg
- ▢⅔ cup raisins
- ▢1 tablespoon butter
- ▢½ teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the cooked rice, 1 ½ cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook uncovered over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk egg and remaining milk in a bowl. Add about 1 cup of the hot rice mixture to the egg while stirring.
- Stir the egg mixture and raisins into the rice. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Serve warm and garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon.