Giardiniera is full of fresh veggies with spicy flavors, it’s the perfect side dish!
- ▢3 cups water
- ▢3 tablespoons kosher salt
- ▢1 ½ cups cauliflower broken into small pieces
- ▢1 stalk celery sliced
- ▢1 carrot sliced
- ▢2 serrano peppers or to taste
- ▢1 red bell pepper sliced
- ▢½ onion sliced
- ▢2 cloves garlic minced
- ▢½ cup green olives with pimentos, sliced
- ▢½ cup white wine vinegar or white vinegar
- ▢½ cup light olive oil or vegetable oil
- ▢½ teaspoon oregano
- ▢¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- Mix water and kosher salt in a medium bowl. Add cauliflower, celery, carrots, serrano peppers, bell peppers, onion, garlic, and green olives. Toss to combine and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain vegetables and rinse very well. Place in a large jar.
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, oregano, and chili flakes. Pour over the vegetables and refrigerate at least 3 days before eating.
- Keep up to 1 month.
- Oil can be changed for any light tasting oil. Vinegar can be substituted with white vinegar.
- Marinate at least 3 days before serving, longer is better!
- The oil in this recipe will solidify in the fridge as you store it. Remove the jar and let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes and then give it a good shake before serving.
- Nutritional information includes 10% sodium from the overnight soak. Actual sodium may vary.