Good Old Fashion Mac and Cheese is a classic comfort food that is simple to make and delicious to eat. This recipe combines pasta, cheese, eggs, and milk to create a creamy and flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion.
The ingredients needed to make Good Old Fashion Mac and Cheese are simple and easy to find. You will need:
- 3 cups of elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons of salted butter
- 2 cans of evaporated milk (12 oz cans)
- 1/3 cup of any milk you like
- 2 big eggs
- A little dash (1/4 teaspoon) of garlic salt
- 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
How To Make Good Old Fashion Mac and Cheese
To make this delicious mac and cheese, follow these simple steps:
- Get a big pot of water boiling. Toss in some salt and the macaroni. Cook it until it’s tender but still has a bit of bite to it.
- Once it’s done, drain the water and pop the macaroni back in the pot.
- Now, toss in the butter and give it a good stir until it’s all melty. Put it aside for a sec.
- Grab a big bowl and mix together the evaporated milk, regular milk, eggs, and garlic salt until it’s all nice and smooth.
- In another bowl, mix up all the cheeses.
- Time to heat up the oven to 375°F. Give a 9×13 inch baking pan a little spray so nothing sticks.
- Now, let’s start layering! Spread out a third of the macaroni in the pan, then a third of the cheese.
- Do that two more times with the rest of the macaroni and cheese.
- Pour the milk mixture all over the top, then sprinkle some paprika to add a little color and extra flavor.
- Pop it in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, and you’re on your way to mac ‘n’ cheese heaven!
- Happy cooking!
This recipe is sure to bring back memories of childhood and is perfect for sharing with loved ones.