Homemade bounty bars – if you are a fan of the famous coconut chocolate bars (bounty) also known as mounds, I have a surprise for you! This recipe is super easy and requires only 4 ingredients and a few minutes of works. I love coconut and chocolate desserts and this dessert reminds me of childhood, hope you try and love this recipe
- 3 cups (300g) Desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (300g) Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 400g Milk chocolate
- In a large bowl, mix desiccated coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix until thick and sticky.
- With wet hands, form the mixture into rounded rectangles (about 2-3 inches in length).
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Chop the chocolate and transfer into a heatproof bowl.
- Set the bowl over a pot with simmering water (double boiler). Melt the chocolate completely.
- Remove coconut rectangles from the freezer and dip them into the melt chocolate.
- Place on wire rack or parchment paper, using an offset spatula or a knife, make three lines on top of the bounty bars.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.