This homemade pecan pie is easy to make. The perfect hoiday dessert.
- ▢3 eggs
- ▢1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ▢¼ cup brown sugar
- ▢½ cup white sugar
- ▢1 cup corn syrup
- ▢⅓ cup butter melted
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢1 ½ cups pecans chopped coarsely
- ▢9 inch pie crust unbaked
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make pie crust and line a 9″ pie plate.
- Place eggs in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined, whisk in cornstarch. Add sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in pecans and pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake pie 55-65 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool completely, at least 2 hours.
Purchase chopped pecans to save on chopping.Line a pan with parchment if you have it, this makes for easy clean up if you have any drips or spills.This pecan pie recipe can be made ahead of time. Bake and cool. Loosely cover and store at room temperature for up to 48 hours.If you’d prefer, bake and cool completely. Freeze the baked pie for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.