Korean Beef Bulgogi is a super easy way to enjoy tasty Korean food at home. A quick and simple marinade for flank steak is all that’s needed to enjoy this delicious dish.
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- Cut flank steak against the grain into thin strips against the grain. Cut it as thin as you can and place the strips in a small mixing bowl.
- In the small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, ginger, and oyster sauce.
- Mix the meat strips with the spices until well coated. Let marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- After marinating, heat a large heavy skillet or wok over high heat. Add in the meat and cook on high until meat is cooked through. This should take less than 5 minutes.
- Serve hot by itself or over rice and top with green onions.
Meat Options: Instead of flank steak, you can also use skirt steak, ribeye, sirloin, or brisket. Even ground beef can be used for an inexpensive version.For ground beef, instead of marinating, simply make the marinade and keep it separate. Once your ground beef is cooked through, drain it well, then add in the marinade as a sauce to flavor the ground beef.