This Mint Oreo Brownie Ice Cream Cake is made with layers of brownie and no churn mint ice cream, all layered with chopped mint Oreos and chocolate sauce!
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients required on box
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp mint extract
- Green food coloring or icing color
- One recipe of homemade whipped cream
- 1 20 oz bottle chocolate sundae syrup (I used Smucker’s Sundae Syrup)
- 1 package mint oreos, chopped, divided into 2 groups (reserve a handful of chopped oreos to sprinkle on top)
NOTE: An 8-inch springform pan is best for this recipe so that you can easily remove the cake once it’s been assembled. If you do not have a springform pan, line your pan with clear wrap before adding your parchment paper and cake board. You can use the clear warp to lift your cake out of the pan once it’s assembled and frozen.
1. Make brownie dough according to instructions on back of box.2. Grease two 8-inch pans (preferable springform pans, see note above) and line the bottoms with parchment paper to allow for easy removal. Bake at temperature on box, reducing baking time to about 20 minutes (You can also bake 1 big brownie – which would cook for the normal time – and cut it in half, but cutting a brownie in half isn’t super easy).3. When brownies are done baking, allow to completely cool, then remove from pans.
1. Combine milk, cream cheese, sugar, mint extract and desired amount of food coloring together in the bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer. Mix until completely combined.2. Fold in the homemade whipped cream or cool whip.
ASSEMBLING IT ALL:
1. Line the sides of an 8-inch spring form pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper should stick up above the top edge of the pan, since the cake will probably be a little taller than your pan. If you want, put a cardboard cake circle in the bottom of the pan.NOTE: You should be using the same 8-inch pan you used for the brownies. Not all 8-inch pans are exactly the same size. Your brownie needs to fit in this pan.2. Put the first brownie layer in the bottom of your pan.3. Spread the first group of Oreos on top on brownie. Cover Oreos with about 1/2 cup chocolate sauce.4. Top with half of the mint ice cream.5. Add second brownie to the pan, on top of the ice cream.6. Cover second brownie with the second group of Oreos and another 1/2 cup of chocolate sauce.7. Top with remaining mint ice cream.8. Allow ice cream cake to freeze completely.9. When frozen, remove from spring form pan and remove parchment paper from sides.10. Top with the remaining handful of chopped Oreos and chocolate sauce, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.