When it comes to baking, quick breads are undoubtedly one of the tastiest and easiest options. Whether it’s for breakfast or dessert, there’s nothing you can’t resist. Some of our favorite breads have been made with cream cheese in the dough, resulting in the softest, richest texture. We had yet to try a peach and cream cheese bread and thought we’d do something about it.
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 package), softened
- ½ cup butter, 1 stick
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 15 oz can sliced peaches, drained and diced
How To Make Peaches & Cream Cheese Loaf:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a standard bread loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Add sugar, eggs, and lemon zest and beat until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Once thoroughly combined, slowly add the dry ingredients and milk to the wet ingredients and fold in the peaches.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool before slicing.