Tart rhubarb with juicy summer strawberries in a flaky crust make the perfect dessert!
- ▢1 double pie crust
- ▢1 tablespoon flour
- ▢1 tablespoon sugar
- ▢3 cups rhubarb chopped
- ▢3 cups strawberries halved
- ▢1 ¼ cups white sugar
- ▢3 tablespoons Minute tapioca
- ▢1 lemon (zest only)
- ▢1 egg
- Preheate oven to 425°F.
- Line pie plate with pastry. Combine 1 tablespoon flour and 1 tablespoon sugar. Sprinkle in the bottom of the crust.
- In a large bowl, combine, rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, tapioca and lemon zest. Gently stir until combined.
- Pour into crust. Top with remaining crust and cut 4-5 slits in crust to allow steam to escape (or make a lattice top if desired). Beat egg and brush over crust.
- Bake on the bottom rack 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden.
- Cool before serving.
If edges of crust begin to brown too much, cover with foil or a pie crust shield.