This Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake is the perfect breakfast or snack! It’s wonderfully moist and rich with cinnamon and fresh blueberries!
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
6 tbsp salted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups blueberries
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1–2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch cake pan with a circle of parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- To prepare the streusel, add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter to a medium sized bowl and mix with a fork until all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside.
- To make the cake batter, beat sugar and butter until light in color and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add sour cream and milk and mix until well incorporated.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to batter and mix until smooth.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the bottom of the cake pan.
- Top batter with about half of the streusel mixture, then half of the blueberries.
- Spread remaining cake batter over streusel.
- Sprinkle remaining streusel and blueberries over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 34-36 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes. Then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. You can always add a little more milk or sugar, if needed.
- Drizzle the glaze over the coffee cake and sprinkle a few more blueberries over top.