BREAD For the best garlic cheese toast, you want to use a thickly sliced white bread, either regular or sourdough. At the supermarket, it is sometimes in the frozen section and called “Texas Toast.” Look for bread that is thick enough to hold the toppings and thick enough for dipping into soups and sauces!
BUTTER Use butter for best results. Margarine will work as well, but won’t have quite the flavor that butter does!
CHEESE I used cheddar, Monterey Jack, and parmesan cheese. Feel free to use any cheese you have on hand! Mozza, Emmental, or Swiss will all taste great!
GARLIC Fresh, minced garlic really kicks this up a notch. Add more or less depending on your love for garlic!
- 4 slices of Texas Toast or thick white bread
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese (cheddar, mozzarella or a blend)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
How To Make Cheesy Texas Toast
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and minced garlic (if using).
- Brush the mixture evenly on both sides of the bread slices.
- Sprinkle grated cheese evenly on top of each slice.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Serve hot.