- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set half of the uncooked bacon aside for topping. Cook the remaining half of the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain all fat except 1 tablespoon. Crumble bacon.
- Add ground beef and onion to the same pan and cook over medium heat until no pink remains, drain any fat.
- Combine all ingredients in a 9×13 pan and mix well. Top with remaining uncooked bacon and brush bacon with remaining bbq sauce.
- Bake uncovered 45-50 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Prepare recipe as above except cook all bacon until crisp. Set half of the crisp bacon aside for topping.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and place in a 6qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours.
- Top with reserved bacon before serving.
For a saucier dish, sauce ingredients can be doubled.