Learn how to make the best oven roasted chickpeas. They are vegan, high in proteins, healthy and super delicious. If you are looking for a recipe for a snack that is both delicious and guilt free, this crunchy roasted chickpea recipe is for you.
1 can (290g/10.2oz) Chickpeas, net weight
2 tablespoons Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Salt
To taste Black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
2. Open the can of chickpeas and pour the chickpeas into a strainer. Rinse the chickpeas under running water.
3. Spread the chickpeas on a kitchen towel and pat them dry. Remove any loose skins.
4. Transfer the chickpeas into a bowl. Add olive oil, salt and toss until evenly coated.
5. Transfer the chickpeas into a baking dish or baking tray, spread in a single layer.
6. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Every 10-15 minutes remove from oven and mix.
7. When golden brown and crisp, remove the chickpeas from the oven and sprinkle with paprika, cumin and black pepper. Mix until evenly coated.