- 2 yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 – 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- Slice onions so that they are thin, about 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter and add the olive oil. Be sure to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the slice onions and sauté for 35 – 45 minutes depending on your desired doneness.
- Just before removing from heat, add the tablespoon of chicken broth. This will deglaze the pan, removing that extra goodness from the bottom and adding it to your onions.