Potatoes are baked until the skin is crisp, and the insides are soft, white, and fluffy. Top the baked potato with your favorite toppings like bacon, sour cream, cheese, or green onions for a side dish like no other!
- ▢4 russet potatoes
- ▢2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scrub potatoes to remove any dirt or debris. Dab dry.
- Poke holes over potatoes with a fork in about 5-6 places per potato.
- Coat the outside of each potato with olive oil and salt.
- Place potatoes directly on the middle rack of your oven and bake 45-55 minutes. (I place a small piece of foil on the rack below to catch any drippings).
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings.