Rich and creamy, this No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake is the perfect weeknight dessert or holiday treat! Simple and delicious.
For the crust
- 30 Oreo Cookies (about 2 3/4 cups)
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 oz cream cheese (3 packages), softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
For the topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
STEP 1. Make the crust.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreo cookies until fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter to the crumbs and press into a 9-inch springform pan. Make sure to press the crumbs partly up the sides of the pan too.
- Freeze crust until filling is ready.
STEP 2. Cheesecake Filling.
- Melt semi sweet chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir until smooth (if needed, heat an additional 15-30 seconds). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese with sugar, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder until fully combined (scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed).
- Add in melted chocolate and mix until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Pour cheesecake filling into prepared cookie crust.
- Refrigerate cheesecake for 4 hours, or overnight.
STEP 3. Topping.
- For the whipped cream topping, beat cold heavy whipping cream with powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form (about 3 minutes).
- Pipe onto the top of the cheesecake or spread it evenly and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
STEP 4. To serve.
- Before removing the springform pan, slide a butter knife around the edge of the pan first.
- Slide the pan off and slice and serve. ENJOY.
- Use regular Oreo cookies, not double stuff. Use the whole cooking, including the cream filling to help bind the crust!
- 8 oz Cool Whip can be used instead of homemade whipped cream topping
- Swap out the Oreos for any other cookie you prefer. Nutter Butters, Grasshoppers, and Graham Crackers are all delicious options.
- Make sure your cream cheese has been softened. This helps the cream cheese blend smoothly with the sugar and cocoa.
- Plan ahead to chill the cheesecake for at least 4 hours.
- You can also make this cheesecake in a 9-inch square baking dish.