Italian Pasta and Chicken with Cheese in One Pot is a rich and tasty dish that’s full of your favorite dishes.
flavors! This simple recipe includes a creamy sun-dried tomato sauce that is cooked directly in the pasta in this amazing one-of-a-kind dish. Put everything in a saucepan and let it cook. It’s so easy that it’s pretty much cooked himself. That’s my kind of meal ! !
8 ounces baby spinach leaves, divided
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil and Italian herbs, drained (about 7 ounces)
1 large yellow onion, sliced
1 pound uncooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
6 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 pound of dry linguine
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons of kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
4 cups (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup (8 ounces) chardonnay wine
4 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Toss half of the spinach with the tomatoes, onion, chicken, garlic, linguine, Italian
seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper in a 5-quart Dutch oven at medium-high temperature
the heat. Pour the chicken broth and wine on top. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook 7 to 9 minutes until pasta is al dente (with one bite). Mix the pasta with tongs from time to time.
to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot. You’ll still have some cash in the from the skillet when the pasta is done cooking. This will form the basis of our delicious cheese…
- Turn off the heat and add the cheese to the pasta. Toss the pasta with tongs until the cheese melts into the pasta. Add the remaining spinach.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Dried Italian seasoning is a fabulous convenience ingredient. If you don’t keep it handy,
combine 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon oregano and 1/2
teaspoon dried thyme.
- This dish is just spicy enough to make your tongue tingle. For a very mild sauce, reduce the
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- I know that some people are sensitive to alcohol. The wine adds a fabulous, rich buttery flavor and a brilliant pasta lemonade. If you can use chardonnay, I highly recommend it.
However, you can replace it with chicken broth, white grape juice or lemon water (1/2 cup fresh lemon juice and 1/2 cup water).