These Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches are moist, chewy chocolate pudding cookies full of chopped mini Reese’s. They are sandwiched around a delicious peanut butter cream cheese icing to make a wonderful cookie sandwich.
REESES CHOCOLATE COOKIES
3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
3.4 oz package dry instant chocolate pudding mix
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup mini Reeses, chopped
2–3 tsp milk
PEANUT BUTTER CREAM CHEESE ICING
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1–2 tbsp water or milk, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low speed, add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, dry pudding mix and cocoa powder.
- Stir in chopped Reeses. Add milk, if needed, to help dough come together. Dough will be thick.
- Make balls of about 1 tbsp and then flatten a bit into thick discs and place on cookie sheet. They will spread a little while they bake.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While cookies cool, make icing. Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Slowly add 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
- Mix in the peanut butter.
- Add the rest of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add water or milk until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Once cookies are cool, make cookie sandwiches.