This decadent Chocolate Poke Cake is out of this world. It’s insanely chocolatey and so moist! I dare you to try and keep your fork out of it.
15.25 oz box Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix, plus ingredients listed on box
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
mini chocolate chips
- Bake cake according to box directions in a 9×13 cake pan.
- Once cake comes out of the oven, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Place sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Whisk chocolate and milk until smooth, microwaving more, if needed to melt the chocolate.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the cake and spread to fill in holes.
- Set cake aside to cool, about an hour, then refrigerate until completely cooled.
- To make whipped topping, whip heavy cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla extract and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over cooled cake.
10.Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over cake and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.