If you like chocolate, caramel and walnuts, you have to try this easy recipe for homemade chocolate turtle cake.
There are people who criticize the use of cake mixes, but my opinion is that if inventions have been made to make our lives easier, why not? Even top restaurants no longer follow the old, complicated recipes for classic dishes. Since things have been simplified, I think we should follow it. Besides, it’s an individual choice. There are times when I bake a cake from scratch when there’s time. Anyway, this recipe was greatly simplified with a box of German chocolate cake mix and it is a rich and decadent cake, ideal for special occasions.
It’s chocolate, with walnuts and caramel it gets more sinful. Happy baking!
1 cup of chocolate chips
2 cups of nuts
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 (14 ounces) bag of candy
1 1/3 cups of water
1/3 cup of oil
1 (18 oz.) box of German chocolate cake mix
1) Prepare the cake mix as indicated. Pour half of the dough into a 13×9 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
2) Stir and allow to cool. In a double boiler, add candy, milk and butter and stir constantly until melted.
3) Pour the melted caramel over the cake that is cooling.
4) Sprinkle 1 cup of nuts and chocolate chips on top.
5) Pour the rest of the dough on top and bake for 20 more minutes.