This unbaked dessert recipe for homemade Kit Kat bars is a family favorite! Layers of cookies, graham crackers, chocolate and peanut butter
- 72 club crackers
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE IT :
- Line an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish with layer of club crackers
- In a large saucepan, over low to medium heat, melt butter and both sugars gently – while stirring.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs and milk.
- Stir well until all is melted and combined (do not allow miture to boil.)
- Remove from heat and spread half the butter mixture evenly over crackers.
- Do your best to spread it out evenly.
- Layer with another layer of crackers.
- Then spread the other half of the butter mixture on top.
- Then a final layer of crackers on top of that.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Melt over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until completely melted and blended.
- Spread evenly over top layer of crackers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge for an hour or two. You want that top chocolate layer to really cool down and firm up.
- Once it is completely cooled, slice into small squares.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1.4mg