Learn how to make the best French crepes. This easy recipe can be served with either a sweet or a savory toppings. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch, dessert, dinner or any other time of day.
For the crepes:
- 1 cup (125g) All-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1¼ cups (300ml) Milk
- 2 tablespoon (30g) Butter
- Oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract (optional)
For serving (optional):
- Cream cheese
- In a large bowl sift flour, add salt, sugar and stir.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, vanilla extract and milk, until combined.
- Gradually add the milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until incorporated and smooth. Pour in melted butter and whisk until combined. Let stand at room temperature for 15-30 minutes (or in the fridge).
- Heat a small non-stick pan over medium heat. Add butter or oil to coat.
- Pour about 1/-3-1/4 cup of the crepe batter, swirling it to evenly coat. Cook for 1-2 minutes, flip and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter. Remember to grease the pan between ease crepe.
- Serving suggestion: spread 1-2 tablespoons of Nutella, top with banana slices, fold and serve.
- Serving suggestion 2: spread 1-2 tablespoons cream cheese/sour cream, top with strawberries, fold and serve.
HOW TO STORE CREPES?
You can cook all the crepes, then store them in the fridge, covered with plastic wrap or a late up to 2 days.
HOW TO FREEZE CREPES?
You can freeze the crepes with parchment in between for up to two months. Thaw in the fridge for 1-2 hours. To reheat, use a microwave at high for 15-20 seconds.
CREPE FILLING/TOPPING IDEAS:
- Whipped cream and fresh fruits
- Cream cheese and fresh fruits
- Nutella and banana slices
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup/honey/jam