Slow Cooker Chicken Carbonara Recipe
- 250g (9 oz) bacon, diced
- 500g (18 oz) chicken thigh or breast, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 200g (7 oz) button mushroom, sliced
- 300ml (10 fl oz) chicken stock
- 300ml (10 fl oz) thickened cream/heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 250g (7 oz) pasta (cooked)
- In a frying pan, quickly cook the bacon until crispy. Once crispy drain on some paper towel.
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken thighs, onion, mushrooms, bacon, garlic, and the chicken stock. Mix together slightly.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch with 2 Tbsp. water before mixing into the slow cooker with the thickened cream.
- Add the cooked pasta and heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you rather just cook the pasta in the slow cooker, then just turn to high for the last fifteen minutes and add the pasta. Also, do not add the cornstarch as the pasta will thicken the sauce up quite a bit. I find the cooking the pasta in the slow cooker will make the sauce a bit too gluggy for my liking but saves on washing up and extra messing around.
- You don’t have the fry the bacon off first, but I highly recommend that you do so for the best taste and texture.
- Don’t add the cream at the start as it may split and make the dish not as enjoyable.