One of our favorite “comfort food meals made lighter” adapted from The Pioneer Woman. To keep this recipe super simple I make it from leftover cooked chicken breast. PREP TIME20 MINSCOOK TIME35 MINSTOTAL TIME55 MINSServings (adjustable): Calories: 382Author: Martha McKinnon | Simple Nourished Living
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups dry spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces and cooked until al dente
- 1 can low fat cream of chicken soup (I used Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted red bell pepper (or pimentos)
- 1 cup low fat chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the shredded cheese and all other ingredients. Stir together until everything is well mixed.
- Coat a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the mixture in the casserole pan and then top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until bubbly, 35 to 45 minutes. (If the cheese on top gets too brown, cover with foil.)
This can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to two days or frozen for up to six months.