Snickers Cheesecake is a vanilla cheesecake full of chopped Snickers bars, layered with chocolate & caramel sauce and nestled in an Oreo crust. It’s an amazingly thick, creamy and gooey treat!
2 cups Oreo crumbs
4 tbsp butter, melted
24 ounces packages of cream cheese, room temperature (three 8 ounce packages)
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp flour
4 eggs, room temperature
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
30–35 mini snickers bars, chopped
1/4 cup chocolate sauce
1/4 cup caramel sauce
Whipped cream (recipe)
additional chocolate sauce (I use this one)
additional caramel sauce (I use this one)
additional chopped mini Snickers
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients and mix well.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes then remove.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil so that water from the water bath cannot get in, and set aside.
- Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, sugar and flour with an electric mixer until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
- Gently stir in the chopped Snickers.
- Add about half of the filling to the springform pan.
- Pour the chocolate and caramel sauce on top of the filling. Then, use an offset spatula to swirl the sauces into the filling.
- Pour the remaining cheesecake filling into the pan and again use the offset spatula to swirl around the chocolate and caramel sauces.
- Drop the cheesecake on the counter a few times to release air bubbles that can cause cracks.
- Place springform pan inside another pan. Fill outside pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 35-40 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 20 minutes.
- Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 20 minutes or until set. This cooling process helps the cheesecake cool slowly to prevent cracks.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and chill.
- Remove springform pan sides from cheesecake and top with additional chocolate and caramel sauce, chopped mini Snickers and whipped cream.
I used an entire 19.50 oz bag of mini Snickers. After adding about 35 chopped mini Snickers to the cheesecake, I used the remainder for the top of the cheesecake. You could get by with less Snickers if you don’t add as much to the top.