Strawberry Pretzel Dessert has appetizing layers of a pretzel crust, filled with cheese mixture, topped with fresh strawberries in gelatin.
3 1/2 cups pretzels, crushed
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Cream cheese filling
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of sugar
8 oz cold whipped cream or whipped cream (whipped hard)
Strawberry jelly coating
1 pound of fresh strawberries, peeled and sliced
2 cups of boiling water
6 oz of strawberry gelatin powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside a 9×13-inch glass pan.
- 2. Place pretzels in a ziplock bag, seal and tap with a kitchen utensil to slightly crush them.
- in a medium bowl, stir in melted butter and sugar. Add inside of pretzels that have been crushed and stir to coat.
- 4. Press pretzel mixture into the baking dish, then bakes for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- In a medium bowl, combine gelatin powder with boiling water. 6. Stir slowly for 1 minute until dissolved and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- using a large spatula, fold in the cold whip until evenly mixed.