Don’t let the name fool you, this Summer Corn Salad definitely can (and should be!) enjoyed all year round! It’s a fresh corn salad made with onion, bell pepper, avocado, and…..corn! Fresh or frozen corn will work!
- ▢6-8 ears corn
- ▢2 Tbsp olive oil
- ▢1/2 red onion , diced
- ▢1/2 red bell pepper , diced
- ▢1 avocado , seeded, peeled and chopped
- ▢4 Tbsp olive oil
- ▢6 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ▢1 tsp sugar
- ▢1 tsp dijon mustard
- ▢juice from 1 lime
- ▢salt and pepper
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Add 1-2 inches of water to a large skillet. Bring to a boil. Add shucked corn ears and cook for 3-4 minutes, rotating to cook on all sides. Drain water.
- Heat grill on medium-high heat. Brush corn lightly with olive oil and grill for a few minutes, rotating it as it cooks, until golden on all sides.
- Allow the corn to cool and then cut corn off of the cob and add to a bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients and drizzle with desired amount of dressing (you may not use it all). Toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.