The best of all! A creamy, old-fashioned coconut cream pie recipe that this avid baker has used for over 30 years. I’ve never tasted a better recipe.
1 c of milk
1 c sweetened and shredded coconut
1 c light cream
1/2 c sugar
2 tablespoons of corn starch
2 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla
The crust of a cake.
8 oz of whipped cream
HOW TO DO:
- Bake the cake crust according to the instructions on the package and cool completely.
- 2. Put the milk and light cream in a bain-marie. Add sugar and bring to a boil.
- 3. Add 2 tablespoons of cold water to the cornstarch. Stir well.
- 4. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks until light. Add the cornstarch mixture to the yolks. Mix well.
- 5. Add the egg mixture to the milk mixture in the water bath.
- 6. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7. Remove from the heat. 8. Add vanilla and coconut. Stir. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Pour into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes or until ready.
- 9. Remove plastic wrap. 10. Cover with whipped cream.
Make 16 ( each = 3WW SP = 2 points + )
Don’t forget to love and share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help and support, and if you want to see more recipes, check out the next page!
Such awesome recipes!!! My grandmother made the exact coconut cream pie that is great pie
Have they name the cake crust wrong is it suppose to be a pie crust??
That’s the best coconut cream pie. My grandmother made this exact one.
The crust of a cake?? What?
I dont either…. what do you do with it…. no directions other than bake a cake and let it cool.
Comments are closed.