The best of all! A creamy, old-fashioned coconut cream pie recipe that this avid baker has used for over 30 years. I’ve never tasted a better recipe.
1 c of milk
1 c sweetened and shredded coconut
1 c light cream
1/2 c sugar
2 tablespoons of corn starch
2 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla
The crust of a cake.
8 oz of whipped cream
HOW TO DO:
- Bake the cake crust according to the instructions on the package and cool completely.
- 2. Put the milk and light cream in a bain-marie. Add sugar and bring to a boil.
- 3. Add 2 tablespoons of cold water to the cornstarch. Stir well.
- 4. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks until light. Add the cornstarch mixture to the yolks. Mix well.
- 5. Add the egg mixture to the milk mixture in the water bath.
- 6. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7. Remove from the heat. 8. Add vanilla and coconut. Stir. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Pour into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes or until ready.
- 9. Remove plastic wrap. 10. Cover with whipped cream.
Make 16 ( each = 3WW SP = 2 points + )
Don’t forget to love and share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help and support, and if you want to see more recipes, check out the next page!