This Caramel Turtle Pie is super gooey, a little crunchy and totally delicious. Loaded with caramel, chocolate, cookie crumbs and pecans, this is basically a candy bar in cake form – and it’s irresistable!
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups salted butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Grease a 9 inch pie pan.2. Add melted butter to chocolate cookie crumbs and mix until combined.3. Press mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan, then set aside.4. To make the filling, melt butter in a large saucepan.5. Add brown sugar and heavy cream and whisk constantly over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved.6. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 2 minutes.7. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.8. Pour caramel into pie crust. Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.9. To make the ganache, put chocolate chips into a metal bowl.10. Microwave heavy cream until it begins to bubble, then remove and pour over the chocolate.11. Immediately cover the metal bowl with clear wrap and let sit for about 5-7 minutes.12. Remove wrap and whisk chocolate until smooth.13. Pour ganache over top of the caramel, spreading into an even layer.14. Sprinkle the pecans over the ganache and press them down a bit so they stick.15. Refrigerate until caramel and chocolate are completely firm.