This Toffee Almond Streusel Coffee Cake is seriously to die for. It’s super moist and full of toffee, almond and cinnamon flavors. Breakfast has never been this tasty!
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup toffee bits
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
6 tbsp salted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer Toffee Almond Cream
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer Toffee Almond Cream
Slivered almonds, if desired
Toffee bits, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch cake pan with a circle of parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- To prepare the streusel, add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, toffee bits and melted butter to a medium sized bowl and mix with a fork until all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside.
- To make the cake batter, beat sugar and butter until light in color and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add sour cream and coffee creamer and mix until well incorporated.
- Add egg whites and almond extract and mix until smooth.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to batter and mix until smooth.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the bottom of the cake pan.
- Top batter with about half of the streusel mixture.
- Spread remaining cake batter over streusel.
- Sprinkle remaining streusel over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar and coffee creamer in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. You can always add a little more creamer or sugar, if needed.
- Drizzle the glaze over the coffee cake and sprinkle a few almond slivers and toffee bits over it.